When planning, preparing and going out for meals, we try to stay as Low Carb, High Fat as possible but it’s definitely not always easy. I have a serious sweet tooth and am constantly tempted by the evil aisles in the grocery stores leading up to the till, or by the delicious sounding desserts on a menu. With a little bit of planning, motivation and excellent replacement recipes, lowering the amount of bad and unhealthy treats and replacing them with healthy and guilt free treats is surprisingly easy and satisfying.
One of our favourite replacement recipes is this one I’m about to share with you – guilt free dessert is everything and this one is just as good as any other delicious cheesecake recipe out there!
Low Carb/High Fat Crustless Mini Cheesecakes
These are so easy to make and are just scrumptious! I spread dark chocolate ganache on top of the first ones but we agreed that they were better just on their own served with fresh berries. Play around with different toppings, this is a great base recipe to do that with!
- 3 bricks of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- half a cup of xylitol
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- quarter cup sour cream
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius
- Soften the cream cheese slightly in the microwave
- Beat all ingredients together till pour-able
- Grease muffin pan (I use a silicone muffin pan and very lightly grease with macadamia oil)
- Divide mixture evenly in the muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from muffin pan
- Put in fridge to set (be patient because they are amazing when they are cold)
- Makes 12 muffins
Quick and easy dessert is always a treat and when it’s guilt free it’s even better! Let me know in the comments below how yours come out and what toppings work for you! Enjoy…