One of my favourite low carb weekend meals has to be a cheese platter! Some local cheeses, olives and charcuterie are a winning combination of low carb treats! To balance the meal out a bit, I love adding a fresh Caprese salad into the mix but my favourite vegetable accompaniment to a cheese platter has to be roast peppers!
This roast pepper recipe is so simple and so delicious, I could eat a whole batch by myself! I’m not a fan of green peppers, so I only use red, yellow and orange peppers, but that’s just me, feel free to add green peppers if you choose!
- 4 big or 6 small mixed peppers
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- A splash of red wine vinegar
- A sprinkle of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Olive oil to fry in
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place oven rack close to the top of the oven
- Slice peppers
- Start frying peppers in olive oil
- Add garlic, chill flakes, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper
- Fry till peppers are slightly soft continuously stirring
- Place in an oven-proof dish and roast for 30 minutes
- Stir occasionally
- Remove and serve
Bon appetit everyone!